Social Icons

Tuesday 28 January 2014

What’s next? Interactive multi-tasking!

Creating what’s next. The thought provoking theme for the next big event in the communications’ industry calendar – Mobile World Congress, which is taking place at the end of February. I’m sure many of the exhibitors and delegates attending will have an answer to this question for IT investment in the short-term, but what about the long-term picture?

So as we ponder our own situations of ‘What’s next?’ Let me build a picture of where I think the industry is headed…

As I sit watching a television show, I am also participating on my iPad, giving my verdicts and opinions. On the screen a symbol pops up to alert me to an email, which I quickly respond to on my smartphone. Ten minutes later, I am alerted to an incoming video call, my programme is paused while I take the call, chat to family in another country, before returning to my programme.

Advanced multi-tasking

What’s next? Interactive multi-tasking. So much more than simply calling this - second screen, quad-play services, or connected devices. Consumers want to multi-task, it is in our nature. We lead busy lives and no longer have time to concentrate on one thing, and that’s ok.

Technology has changed to help us do things more efficiently, more personally, and in a more tailored way. But ‘what’s next?’ - combining the individual technologies to give an interactive, personalised multi-tasking service. Intelligent technology that understands and tailors services and is seamlessly interoperable.

Now, wouldn’t that be…helpful.

Achievable?

Possible for some, yes. The investment needs to be in the back-end BSS and CRM services so efficient delivery, data analysis, and connecting of devices can be achieved. Operators need to ensure their customer, order and revenue management functions, as well as real-time fulfilment can cope with the demands of the new technology and growing popularity.

‘Creating what’s next’. Creative offers and exciting new technologies? Investment in BSS enables operators to ‘create what’s next’.

CoralTree Systems is a leading provider of innovative BSS solutions, whose clients include some of the market’s leading communications operators. 

You can find out more at our website www.CoralTreeSystems.com

This blog was written by Natasha Geldard, Marketing Consultant for CoralTree.

0 comments :

Post a Comment